Monday, June 29, 2009

Mr. Mush takes the left turn...

I love it when poems write themselves and go on routes you weren't expecting...

Scaring me to death
With the depth of emotion
You can make me feel

It might just be that
Emotions have been in check
For far too long now

Inexperienced
Unable to truly sort
Feelings such as this

Then I remember
That you are in the same boat
That you're frightened too

And I can relax
I can let my feelings out
From their hiding place

The level of trust
That I find I place in you
Is just amazing

Because I know that
Responsibility is
Not taken lightly

We hold each other
Carefully, like new fledglings
Not wanting to hurt

We know how it feels
To be crushed by a Lenny
Or by selfishness

-----------------------------------

Enough of all that!
Granted, Mr. Mush is real
So is the Bastard

But I find that it's
Really Curt who enjoys you
Screw the personae!

So we'll meet Friday
To dip our toes once again
In our pool of ardor...

No comments:

Post a Comment