Wednesday, June 24, 2009

For the Empress...

I'm wondering, as
I know beginnings can be
Too good to be true

But you understand...
Think that our starting points are
Not dissimilar

Our hearts have broken
Before and maybe again
We guard them closely

But I'm trying to
Enjoy the moments with you
Free of fear and angst

I trust you and I
To take care with each other's
Bruised and mending souls

I am no hunter
Simply a friend and lover
For you to enjoy

You'll always be free
To give and take what you can
allow yourself to

I'll never hold you
More then you want to be held
Or more than I can

But I can deal with
Even the frightening parts
Because I trust you

Frightening parts can
Become very beautiful
When they're confronted

And that's where I am
Enjoying our friendship and
Learning to release

Even the short time
That we have been together
I've learned quite a bit

Rather, been reminded
That feelings are not things to
Squash beneath my feet

Think I'll let them
Play a little bit, and find
Their place in my life

No comments:

Post a Comment